As the new year unfolds before me, I’ve spent time reflecting on the year that passed, and how I will grow in 2012.
What was in 2011…
What were some of your favourite moments?
- Being with Daniel (my husband) looking out over the lights of downtown Toronto from 50 stories up while a snow storm blew outside
- Meeting Jack (my dog) for the first time
- Taking Jack to the park for the first time
- Signing my first car lease
- Landing on Big Island (Hawaii)
What challenged you?
- My confidence
- Being a true partner
- Not caretaking
- My performance anxiety
- Being a loving and supportive to myself
- Breaking old patterns
How did you spend your time?
- Practicing yoga
What are you proud of?
- My happiness
- My family
- My work
What did you learn?
- It’s not you, it’s me
- Why I need to not fix things
- Why I need love and support
- How to let you, and it, be
- To trust and respect my instincts completely
- I see myself more clearly
- I feel more confident
- I feel more supported and supportive
- My boundaries are stronger
- I see my personal history clearly
- I am a doggy mummy
- I have my own (car) ride
- I’ve experienced Hawaii
Who was significant in your life?
- My teachers/coaches/mentors: Teya, Ivy, Christine and Bill
- My family
- My friends
- My clients
What were you loving this year?
- My love
- My strength
- My patience
- My clarity
- The positive growth around me
What will you be glad to leave behind?
- Loud neighbours
- Flimsy boundaries
- A dog-free existence
- Self imposed restrictions
What do you want to remember?
- Who I am
- Why I am beautiful
- What I need
What do you wish to celebrate?
In one word, 2011 was the year of… ?
- letting go
And casting a little into 2012…
What do you want more of?
- Meaningful Words
How do you want to grow?
- Be more accepting and supportive of my art
- Practice and fortify my boundaries and confidence
- Become a more awesome writer
- Be a better listener, and less of a fixer
- Feel FREE TO SHINE
What word will you choose to guide you through this year?
- **~** SHINE **~**
What do you want to be celebrating next December?
- An abundantly joyful and adventure-filled year
The lovely Creativity Coach Jamie Ridler included these questions for reflection and visioning in her December newsletter. Thank you for the inspiration and friendship, Jamie!