As 2009 commences I thought it would be a great idea to take stock of all that I have achieved in 2008.
One of the things I plan to work on in 2009 is giving more credit to myself and my accomplishments. This list is my a first step in growing my inner-kudos.
For me, this was a year of beginnings and I spend most of 2008 planting and cultivating my innerpreneurial seeds.
Winter & Spring: Planting My Seeds
- January 2008: Move into my first apartment with Daniel
- in the Junction, Toronto
- a beautiful place built in the 1930’s
- February 2, 2008: Marry my inspiration, Daniel Bida
- it was Groundhog Day. It’s kind of a funny holiday. It really has no importance. What exactly is the accuracy rate of Punxsutawney Phil or Wiarton Willie?
- and Groundhog Day was playing (as usual). That movie is crazy. I hated it the first time I saw it. But once I saw it again, I appreciated it’s brilliance.
- it was sunset, the day after a winter storm
- we were married in the tower of an inn overlooking the snow covered tip of Lake Simcoe
- a small wedding, 24 guests; with talented help, I made my dress and flowers
- April 2008: A career miss-step inspires me to have a major personal development
- May 2008: Learn about innerpreneurship and decide that I will write a blog about the topic
- realize this group is who I want to work with
- determine that this topic will be a great way for me to express myself and my interests and connect with the exact group that I want to do business with
Summer & Fall: Helping My Seeds to Bloom
- June 6, 2008: Rise of the Innerpreneur is born with the article Are You An Innerpreneur?
- the first piece of web content I have ever published under my name
- at this time there is no web content (besides reviews of the book Geek Gods, Karma Queens and Innerpreneurs) on innerpreneurship
- June & July 2008: Develop the concept for and write my deeply informative and ambitious business website(still in development)
- July 2008: Volunteer as a Web Strategist for the micro-finance not-for-profit Opportunity Canada
- August 2008: Begin promoting innerpreneurship, myself and my business using various social media platforms
- September 15, 2008: Publish Are You An Innerpreneur? on the business networking site BizNik
- discover my target market and fellow tribesmen
- my article garners over 900 views and 29 comments
- find that I have stirred up excitement in my readers and am overjoyed
- receive emails of appreciation. I am fulfilled.
- September 25, 2008: Publish my account of our larger subculture and our importance in Innerpreneurship and the Bigger Movement Afoot on BizNik
- more excitement and more readers
- over 1300 views and 50 comments
- October 2008: Meet my mentor, Dr. Micheal Yanakiev. Begin my education on Systems Thinking
- October 2008: Receive my first new client inquiries for Elastic Mind services, all generated from this blog
- November 2008: My first podcast interview on innerpreneurship and Cultural Creativity
- December 30, 2008: A BizNik live event, Distinguishing Ourselves as Creative Entrepreneurs: Creative Change Through a Common Voice, is held in Seattle (I participate via phone), inspired by my articles
What satisfaction I get from seeing all my accomplishments set in front of me! It makes me proud to know my ideas, words and marketing talent have helped me to achieve my 2008 goals. I think I just might be in the right profession!
Tomorrow I will discuss my goals for 2009. I have great hope that the seeds I planted in 2008 will continue to thrive and grow in the coming year.